Sunday, March 04, 2007

That's better

I've got a new microphone. Everything in the garden of life is rosy. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and all is well with the world. Well, mostly. There is some interference, but nothing I can't live with.

It turns out my previous mic was faulty. I'm really glad I bought it locally, it would have been a real hassle to sort that out over the internet, I'm sure. I took it in, they tested it, gave me another there and then.

It's not perfect though, and I've come to the conclusion it's because there is just so much metal in such a small space. Wherever I stand I'm next to a dirty great big lump of iron. It's a small space, and there are 4 RSJs, tablesaw, bandsaw, lathe, vice, etc, etc, etc. And if I'm not standing next to one, Bob and the receiver are. The only way to eliminate it completely, I think, would be to use a wired mic, and I just don't want a trailing cable, I think it's asking for trouble.

So we got loads done on Friday, although I've yet to download it. All in all I'm feeling upbeat again. I hope to get it all processed before next week, akthough I do have some writing and Sketchup work I need to get done soon, too.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home