Monday, March 12, 2007

New toy

About 2 minutes before Bob arrived on Friday I received two new batteries and a charger for the new Camera. Fortunately they were already charged, at least a bit, so, whilst we couldn't actually film with the camera, we could at least switch it on and see what it looked like.
The quality is superb, and will probably be even better when we've worked out how to use it properly - it's got more buttons than a Pearly King in Pantoland. It's also got a big shotgun mic on the top, which gives good sound without any of the wireless distortion. Unfortunately it's not at all directional, and picks up the sound of Bob's hands on the camera, or his yawns, or him scratching his nose. Everything. But if I understand it correctly, I can record with both the radio mic and the on-board mic and mix the two. Although it's extra work, I may be able to mix in the input from the shotgun mic at the points where there is some distortion. If I can, it will save having to reshoot or trying to dub in.
The camera is just kicking around in a granny's shopping bag, so I think I'll make a nice flight case for it - I could do with doing some real woodwork, instead of just talking about it.
We completed two good scenes on Friday. They were both repeats, sadly, but they are now just how I want them. I've got another couple of shorts I can upload to YouTube, too.
No filming this week, I'm helping a friend to set up an exhibition.
Cheers
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home